compressor schematics?

Ingo Debus debus at cityweb.de
Sun Nov 21 16:01:11 CET 1999

Edu Silva wrote:
> There's now a ZIP file with seven circuits from well-known brands in my
> site, free for download - until they shut my site down too!  :)

I've never seen a battery/external power switching scheme like in the
Electro Harmonix Soul Preacher before. Use the battery instead of a
zener diode? When powered by battery, the whole supply current flows
through the BE diode of the tranny?? And what happens when no battery is
inserted or when there's no plug in the input jack?

Or is there just an error in the schematic?

Ingo