anyone use plexiglass faceplates?

Martin Czech martin.czech at intermetall.de
Mon Nov 22 09:37:09 CET 1999

:::Think it'll work?  Any durability or scratching problems with plexi?  I plan
:::to mount a rigid enclosure behind the faceplate, so panel flexing shouldn't
:::be a problem.

... and the scratches will most probably light very bright, too. ;->
I have made the experience that those red decimal digit LED covers
are scratched very easily, they are plexi, too. Now, the display
is not touched very often, but panels are: finger rings, cable tips.

A quick solder operation drop can even melt it.

My guess: Not such a good idea...

m.c.