tempcos + silicone glue question

Tony Clark clark at andrews.edu
Mon Nov 22 02:11:48 CET 1999

   RTV is great stuff, but I'm not sure it is condusive to thermal
transfer as you are seeking.  I used to have to do conformal coating with
the stuff at Square D and I was sure they were using it to actually
_insulate_ the boards.  Not a bad idea to reduce the effects of ambient
temperature, probably, but certainly not to be used to conduct thermal
energy.
   However, they whole goal is to just keep the tempco close to the
expo-converter, adding thermal compound was probably just icing on the
cake.  I know my OB-X voice boards have no such compound, but the tempcos
are seated directly over the transistor array.

   Tony

I can't drive (my Moog) 55!         |     The E-Music DIY Archive
Tony Clark -- clark at andrews.edu     | aupe.phys.andrews.edu/diy_archive
http://aupe.phys.andrews.edu/~clark |     Contributions welcomed!