Tube Challenge!!

Rob cyborg_0 at iquest.net
Sun Nov 21 04:40:40 CET 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Daniel Gendreau <gendreau at rochester.rr.com>
To: <media at mail1.nai.net>; Synth-DIY <synth-diy at mailhost.bpa.nl>
Sent: Saturday, November 20, 1999 7:54 PM
Subject: RE: Tube Challenge!!

> I remember from my college electronics days that you can emulate the
> bahavior of an inductor using an opamp and a capacitor. I dont remember
the
> specifics, but you may want to investicate this angle if you are looking
for
> a cheap/widely available alternative to inductors...

Yeah, its called a gyrator.. I always meant to get into how these work, but
never had the need.

I *think* it behaves somewhat like a wierd triggered oscillator/filter
circuit. Only good for low frequencies though.

At first glance, it is setup a LOT like a simple square wave oscillator that
has its cap referenced to the other input.

Rob