Tube Challenge!!

Rene Schmitz uzs159 at uni-bonn.de
Sun Nov 21 00:01:08 CET 1999

At 14:27 20.11.99 -0500, media at mail1.nai.net wrote:
>The problem I see with tube oscillators is that they aren't easily voltage
>controlled.  Afaik, even the commercially produced Phattytron uses digital
>circuitry to switch between hand-selected resistor values for various MIDI
>notes.

There is something on my bench right now...
Its a high voltage tube based current contolled oscillator together
interfaced to  a garden variety solid state expo convertor. I don't know
yet how stable the CCO (neon lamp) is, but the exponential control works
fine. I'll post schematics in a few days.

Bye
 René

opinionsexpressedher   | uzs159 at uni-bonn.de
einarethatofmyemploy   | http://www.uni-bonn.de/~uzs159