PIC assembly.

Bill Layer blayer at uswest.net
Sat Nov 20 04:24:19 CET 1999

Hi,

the Assembler looks like a
 >nightmare and doesnt run at 1 instruction per clock cycle

I'm not sure where you got that information, but the Microchip PICs that I
am familiar with all run at 1 instruction per cycle. There are several
instructions that do require 2 cycles, but they can be avoided within the
timing loops required for midi or other audio firmwares.

Also, despite the fact that assembly language  is assembly language, there
are only 35 instructions in the set for the smaller PICs (16F84 etc). I
don't blame anyone who doesn't want to write in assembler; I'm currently
re-learning it. Still, this PIC code is much easier than 6502 was...

|      "The" Bill Layer - Frogtown, Minnesota. U.S.A.      |
| Vacuum tubes, Analog, Motorcycles and Other Alternatives |