EML slider caps/exploring possible source

Bill Layer blayer at uswest.net
Fri Nov 19 15:04:39 CET 1999

Hey all,

(Gearing up for this winter's tube challenge)

>My point is, if they can do it, I'd like to know if anyone here might want
>to go in with me on ordering a batch.  We can probably save money by
>pooling our orders.

This type of service has long been available to members of the Antique
Radio community. There is a simple plastics casting process that allows one
to make a mold of a part in silicone rubber (I believe) and then recast it
in plastic. I have seen one-off repro knobs that were literally perfect
knock-offs. One particular part that comes to mind is the knob on the font
of the Collins Radio sets... A fellow in town reproduces them with amazing
results, and for peanuts. I've also seen complete sets for Philco
Cathederal Radios in brown..

If this is the process they are using, I'm sure it is worth what they ask.
I have an Atari Video Music Box that I am restoring, and I intend to call
on these guys to make me a little beige insert for one of the push buttons..

|      "The" Bill Layer - Frogtown, Minnesota. U.S.A.      |
| Vacuum tubes, Analog, Motorcycles and Other Alternatives |