Tube challenge!

Harry Bissell harrybissell at prodigy.net
Fri Nov 19 08:48:16 CET 1999

With the high impedance of tubes... if you want to get "zero"
interaction through the supply you should go separates.
OTOH individual supplies can get pricey (transformers...)
I don't think tube supplies are necessarily "easy" they just look that
way because of the few components. They often have filter chokes that
must be sized "just right" or they are ineffective (or worse..)

Tubes can be nasty for hum pickup and microphonics, each module will
need real careful design or the adjacent module may interfere.

Tube design is a "black" art (as in arcane, satanic, etc....)

Naw... only kidding !!!

:^) Harry