Tube challenge!

ADSR at aol.com ADSR at aol.com
Fri Nov 19 04:16:00 CET 1999

In a message dated 11/18/99 6:17:27 PM, uzs159 at uni-bonn.de writes:

<< One problem that I see with the idea of a modular (=patchable) VT-synth

is that one will eventually have rather high voltage levels on the patch

cords.

This is no problem when they are patched, but can be at least painful, if

not lethal when you accidentally touch the tip and the ground of the plugs.

One way to avoid this would be to make dedicated high voltage interfaces

that translate between 0-10V and 0-150V. >>

hmmm... I just noticed Metasonix(.com) is coming out w/ a Doepfer compatible
Tube VCA module.   BTW: their new  (tube) Hellfire Modulator looks very
interesting.
-pH