Tube challenge!

Doug Tymofichuk dougt at cancerboard.ab.ca
Thu Nov 18 23:06:34 CET 1999

Hello, everyone!

A while ago I sent out a challenge for information on
building tube synths. I did not receive a lot of responses,
but the few that I did receive were VERY encouraging. Thank
you to those that helped with their suggestions and
assistance! (You know who you are!) Therefore, I have
decided to do some experimentation and hopefully eventually
build a modular vacuum tube synth. This will be a
percussion synth that I will work on in parallel to the
solid state percussion synth that I have started. And yes I
will be making some comparisons as I go along.

I also stated that I would like to see more dialog on tube
stuff on this forum. So to start this off, a power supply
question. Do you think it would be better to build
individual HV supplies for each module, or one BIG supply
to run the whole thing? By the way, power supplies for tube
equipment seem to be quite simple and easy to build, so I
think it's a valid question.

Thanks in advance!
Doug Tymofichuk
dougt at cancerboard.ab.ca