re-re-re percussion ribbon...Addendum

Scibona, Joe joe.scibona at cobe.com
Wed Nov 17 22:49:57 CET 1999

A couple more things I meant to include in my post on this.

1.  In addition to X-Y position info.,  this controller can be programmed to
act as multiple zones or pads.  Each with  its own function be that voicing
or control related. (like a mini drum set made up from what ever sounds you
like - for example... think of a bunch of velocity sensitive softkeys you
can program)

2. The piezo sensor on the backing plate would give you trigger and
Amplitude information.  Not just trigger. (also note the positioning of this
for optimum performance might be a little tricky to avoid over or underly
sensitive spots)

(we all know how to sample and hold and threshold detect....don't we?)

Joe