percussion ribbon controller

Dan Slater dslater at ix.netcom.com
Wed Nov 17 22:31:35 CET 1999

See the Marimba Lumina designed by Don Buchla as an example of a percussive
instrument that is sensitive to both a specific color coded mallet and to
the impact position of the mallet on a particular key. You can have up to 4
mallets simultaneously on the same key and the ID, velocity, and
longitudinal position of each mallet is simultaneously and correctly
determined. This is achieved through the use of a patent pending RF
transponder scheme.

http://www.multimedia.nearfield.com/Products.htm

Dan Slater
(Disclaimer: I work at Nearfield Multimedia, the site listed above)