AW: Doepfer MS-404

Junger Joerg Joerg.Junger at swisslife.ch
Wed Nov 17 09:11:59 CET 1999

Hi Tom

As far as I know they develop their midi products themselves. As they did
with their sequencers like the MAQ 16/3. Which is still the only product
this way. Btw. using an application note as a basis to design a circuit I
would not call thievery or would you?
I still think Dieter Doepfer has lots of merits for preparing market again
for new affordable modulars. Or do you think that there would be all these
manufacturors when they had seen that Doepfer had failed with his A 100
system?
While I still can see that not everything is great about Doepfer products I
starting to feel puzzled about the amount of 'how Doepfer is crap' mails
that are starting to occur on AH and here.

Regards

Joerg