Percussion ribbon controller

Martin Czech martin.czech at intermetall.de
Wed Nov 17 08:50:54 CET 1999

:::
:::> The Trautonium string has a non conductive core (violin string),
:::> with windings of a temp stable resistive wire.
:::> Gives much higher resistance, thus higher output voltage
:::> with less current. Ouch! So hot!!
:::
:::How's one winding insulated from the next ?

Good question! don't ask me, ask Mr. Neo-Trautonium, Dr. Joerg Schmitz ;->

No, seriously, he used enamaled (sp?) wire wound carefully on the string,
then grinding paper (very fine) to deisolate a little trace.
I remember that he said that this is very sensitive.

m.c.