system100m diy?

Harry Bissell harrybissell at prodigy.net
Tue Nov 16 08:32:37 CET 1999

Well... you could try my LM399 / MAT02 hybrid... I use the LM399 heater
(without the thermal shield removed) epoxied to the top of the MAT02. Then wrap
up in styrofoam to insulate.

Takes about 200mA peak from a cold start, but drops to about 20mA when warm
(70C)

Will not compensate for junction self heating, but lets you use a quality
transistor...
I tested this with a dumbass TO5 type just to prove the concept. If anyone
wants I'll repost the temperature test graphs...

Harry