[synth-diy] Sorta OT: health risks

Rob cyborg_0 at iquest.net
Sat Nov 13 19:43:35 CET 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Grant Richter <grichter at execpc.com>
To: Christopher Jeris <cjeris at math.mit.edu>; <synth-diy at mailhost.bpa.nl>
Sent: Saturday, November 13, 1999 12:31 PM
Subject: Re: [synth-diy] Sorta OT: health risks

> Heck ya, you can get lead poisoning from solder.
> It happened to me.

I got a little nibble of this (felt extremely displaced and lethargic) from
sticking my face too close to surface mount parts while I was soldering.

Didnt know if it was from the lead or the flux, but needless to say after a
day of production-type soldering, I would feel pretty looped.

I have seen some production solder ppl use rubber gloves so they dont have
to handle the solder at all, and I can see why. Its very easy to get called
to a meeting, then rush out to lunch, forget to wash your hands, and eat a
sandwich. Then, you sit at home that night wondering why you feel so tired.

Rob