Percussion ribbon controller

Harry Bissell harrybissell at prodigy.net
Sat Nov 13 21:39:06 CET 1999

Music Wire is called "Piano Wire" here in the USA. It usually isn't sold in music
stores (unless they specialize in pianos which use this stuff for springs...
Its sold in Hobby Shops because people use it for actuators for Model airplanes
... landing gear etc...

It comes in "Hard" and "Soft" also... the hard is tempered, very strong but a
little brittle. It will return to shape if bent lightly... Soft takes more abuse
but will take a permanent "kink" if pushed beyond its limits...

BUT if you asked for "resistance wire" look for NiChrome (Nickel-Chromium) used in
electric heating apps. It has the ohms per foot type response you are looking for.

:^) Harry  (who will try this on monday... great idea !!!)