Percussion ribbon controller

Mvsik at aol.com Mvsik at aol.com
Sat Nov 13 06:42:30 CET 1999

In a message dated 11/12/99 11:25:27 PM EST, Mvsik writes:

<< n a message dated 11/12/99 1:09:56 PM EST, sdcurtin at lucent.com writes:

 << hen you buy guitar strings at a music store, you're going to get six
  different guages of string, some of it wirewound.   The finer, unwould steel
  string can be bought separately in uncut spools, this is known as "music
  wire" to luthiers.

  Steve C >>

 Interesting you say that, because, as I didn't know about "music wire" until
now,
 some days ago a friend gave me a long piece of wire that feels like an
unwound guitar wire except its 8 feet long and has some measureable
resistance, about 1 ohm/foot, unlike my "regular" guitar strings I've checked
that measure ".2" ohms at any point. So maybe its possible we're we're
talking about the same kind of wire?
 The only other source I know of would be resistance wire but I don't know
how that would compare to the wire I have here.
 So I'm using this piece of resistive guitar wire over a 4foot strip of
aluminum. It works for now.