External Soundcard - Help

lfutten at readysoft.es lfutten at readysoft.es
Fri Nov 12 23:41:27 CET 1999

Yeaps, I know this is kinda stupid, but I've purchased a portable
puter, second hand, but it has no soundcard nor midi interface, nor
anything but a floppy and a 540Mb HD.
Well, as PCMCIA seems a bit too expensive, I would like to know
what you all recommend me to do.. How can I build a n external
soundcard that can be powered via a 5v cable from the ps2 port?
Well, the portable has COM1, COM2, LPT1, PS2 mouse and PS2 keyboard
connectors. COM1 and COM2 are interchangeable, that means, that you
can't use it at the same time.
Is it possible to buy a soundcard, connect the part that goes to the
slot, put it in a box, and run? If so, what are each end of the bus
connector, and how / where can I sold it to  a LPT plug?
Is it possible?

Thanks in advance!

Luz Futten.
+++