The Thomas Henry book

Doug Ferrell dougf at flashpnt.com
Fri Nov 12 18:25:07 CET 1999

Anders & Larry,
	I have "The Elecronic Drum Cookbook" and really like it.  Tom goes over all
the little building blocks he's designed for simulating the various parts of
a drum sound (snares, stick strike, shell resonance, etc.).  At the end he
puts it all together to make a snare voice (I think) which looks a lot like
the ADV-Snare.  The only "special purpose" IC he uses is the fairly common
LM566 (oscillator).  I haven't had any time to play with the circuits, but
am looking forward to some experimenting some day...
	Larry, what did you think of the NE570 book?  I was thinking about getting
it too since I have a few of these things in my parts bin.

Doug

p.s.  John Simonton has a little circuit snippet on the Paia web page
showing how to add VC to the twin-T filter commonly used in drum circuits.