more 8038 stuff

Andy Main mainas at aston.ac.uk
Fri Nov 12 17:18:49 CET 1999

Hi all,

Ok I admit I was wrong, however I did try in vain!  This chip is nowhere
near good enough for a VCO, but I will use it as my LFO as the waveforms
are quite nice at this frequency range (not quite so sure about the
temperature of the device though!) with a nice amount of available
waveforms to use with minimal effert involved (I like it this way).

Thanks all for their comments, one question though - why use this chip
as a sine shaper when there are other techniques available? I will be
using tomg's VCO now (its more comprhensive than the ASM1's that I am
mainly basing my design on).

Andy