slightly OT, JX-8p

Mikko Helin helin at uta.fi
Fri Nov 12 14:08:36 CET 1999

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Paul Maddox wrote:

> Dear all,
>
>   Slightly off topic, but I may be getting a JX8p soon, I know
> that they sound nice, what are some of your opinions?
>
>    Also , and more importantly, are there any real bad bugs or
> known problems with them?

I had one, and just when the guy who was to buy it
borrowed it for listening, it broke. So I took it back,
ordered schematics for it and found that the rectifier
had burned, replaced it with new and was ok (sold it).

I didn't like the EG's, the stepping can be heard.
Programming is difficult, but there is the free
JX8P programmer for DOS / MPU401 (I don't remember
if it will also work with SB's MIDI port).

-Mikko