VCO using ICL8038

Paul Maddox Paul.Maddox at unilever.com
Thu Nov 11 16:15:28 CET 1999

Andy,

  I went down this route... never got anywhere, but recently
I found an article about the Minisonic synth (old eti or pr
synth in a box thing), showing a mod that would replace the
onboard opamp/cap/fet with a 8038 and this give you log
scaleing, though the minisonic used 0.6v/oct it would be
simple enough to scale it to 1v/oct.. I reckon the heat from
the 8038 would be enough to "oven" the transistor it uses
for a log convertor.. Like I say, never got around to building
one though. It runs too hot for a modular synth, in my views.
but for a standalone it might be ok.

  Paul

*   Modulus Synthesiser DIY page ;-				*
*			http://www.xavax.com/modulus	*
*	  Paul.Maddox at unilever.com				*