slighlty OT: some synths...

Paul Maddox Paul.Maddox at unilever.com
Thu Nov 11 10:21:55 CET 1999

Martin,

  The DX11, had 4 ops and 8 algorythms, the DX7 had 6 ops
but something like 16 algorythms..

  I love FM synthesis... I had a TX81z (4 op, 8 alg) and my mate
said they were rubbish as you couldnt get a warm analog sound
from them... a day later he came round, I played him a bass sound
that made the window shake and was soo fat and analog it was mind
numbing and a string patch that would have given a JP8 a reason
to be worried...

   The reason FM flopped was, as you said, its not like programming
an analog synth, you dont have a VCF, you add are harmonics rather
than removing them..

  sorry, I like FM a lot :-)

  Paul

*   Modulus Synthesiser DIY page ;-				*
*			http://www.xavax.com/modulus	*
*	  Paul.Maddox at unilever.com				*