slighlty OT: some synths...

The Old Crow oldcrow at oldcrows.net
Thu Nov 11 01:35:18 CET 1999

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, Doug Ferrell wrote:

> DX7 with E! allows splits and layers via MIDI (DX7 is 16 voice
> monotimbral and this is unchanged) among other nice things.  The DX7
> DOES have a breath controller input.

  FWIW, Yamaha made a DX-7 "special edition" ROM that went along with
their backlit display refit option.  I think it did some MIDI enhancements
as well.  I have the ROM file on a disk somewhere, along with a patched
version of the original ROM I made to put "Property of Scott Rider" on the
power-up display.

  --Crow

/**/