switching at zero cross/noiseless switching

jhaible jhaible at debitel.net
Wed Nov 10 21:09:25 CET 1999

> I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who can point me towards a
> resource on switching audio at the zero crossing.
[...]
> I'm trying to come up with a 4 channel "hard panning" circuit (actually
> a 1-to-4 switch) that will switch at speeds up to several KHz or
> higher.

Excuse me, but switching noiseless with a rate of kHz cannot even work in
theory. AM sidebands left aside, just figure that:
How can you "wait" for the zero crossing of a signal with fundamental
at 100Hz, when your average switching times are only 1ms apart ??

Did I get the question wron ?

JH.