slighlty OT: some synths...

Tony Clark clark at andrews.edu
Wed Nov 10 20:05:24 CET 1999

>  It uses FM synthesis whereby the
> > frequency of one sine wave is modulated by another to form an operator.
> > A voice is constructed by linking several operators together in different
> > ways. The different DX's all had a different number of operators. I think
> > the DX7 had maybe 8? and the DX11 possibly 6?
>
> DX-7--6 operators; DX-11 4 operators

   It should also be noted that the DX-7, I believe, only had sine wave
operators, the DX-11 has a multitude of different waves available.

   Tony

I can't drive (my Moog) 55!         |     The E-Music DIY Archive
Tony Clark -- clark at andrews.edu     | aupe.phys.andrews.edu/diy_archive
http://aupe.phys.andrews.edu/~clark |     Contributions welcomed!