switching at zero cross/noiseless switching

Michael Lloyd michaellloyd at lucent.com
Wed Nov 10 19:28:59 CET 1999

Buck:

I don't know if this would help, but here's my 5 minutes toward your hour
:-)
I beleive the Crystal Semiconductor CS3310 MDAC volume control has some
circuitry to only allow gain changes during zero crossings of the audio
signal to eliminate/minmize zipping and popping noises. Although I have a
few of these, I haven't used them yet so I can't comment further of the
effectiveness of this approach, except to say if you check Crystal's
website, they may have more info on how this is done in the device. Other
MDAC volume control devices may have useful info as well (National's LM1972
series, Analog Devices AD7112 series, Dallas Semiconductor DS1800 series,
etc.).

Good Luck!
Michael
replies to: mlloyd1 at enteract.com not to the header address!