Recall of Handheld T-2 Voltage Tester

inman inman at interpath.com
Wed Nov 10 05:29:30 CET 1999

I doubt anyone on SYNTH-DIY is dealing with a tester that can
handle this kind of power for SYNTH-DIY, but I know some folks
on-line work with the dangerous stuff.

>From Associated Press (directly quoted from NY Times 11/9/1999):

Electrical Voltage Testers Recalled

"WASHINGTON (AP) -- About 58,000 electrical voltage and continuity
testers were recalled Tuesday because the device can lose power
and fail to inform users of live current...The handheld testers,
[Fluke] model T-2, measure 24 to 600 volts alternating current and
6 to 220 volts direct current. Recalled units have a serial number
lower than 74165430. They were sold at home centers, hardware stores
and industrial distributors nationwide from December 1997 until
September for about $45.  Consumers may call 1-800-753-8646 between
8 a.m. and 7 p.m. EST Monday through Friday to receive a free repair
kit or to find out how to send Fluke the tester for repair. "