slighlty OT: some synths...

DCMagnuson at aol.com DCMagnuson at aol.com
Tue Nov 9 23:25:45 CET 1999

In a message dated 11/9/99 5:15:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
cornellm.student at ringwoodschool.demon.co.uk writes:

> The second, perhaps of more intrest, Is a Roland
>  SH-101. It's pretty old and features 1 envelop
>  generator, 1 VCA, 1 VCO, and 1 LFO. It has Gate and
>  CV inputs and outputs.
>
>  As far as I know it works, but I have yet to
>  convince them that they have no use for it. They
>  never use it, but they probably want to keep it
>  because it is a memorial for one of the old dead
>  music teachers. It's understandable I guess.
>
>  Anyway, thought some of you might be interested.
>  Amyone know about them? Are they any good

Ahhhh, the 101... this is a great little analog synth... there's quite a few
easy modifications that can be done.  If you can convince them to sell it,
grab it.

The price for 101's have been going up lately.  I often see unmodified, mint
condition 101's with the mod grip selling for $400-$450 (US).  Personally, I
don't think they're worth that much, but that's just my opinion.

Dave Magnuson
Independent Music Site
http://www.indiemusicsite.com