Identifying tempcos

Jim Patchell patchell at
Tue Nov 9 18:08:30 CET 1999

    Some of them look like wire wound resistors (because they are), such
as the Tel Labs Q81 type.  Also, in order for it to do it's job, it must
be in physical contact with the transistor it is compensating, so if you
see any resistor glued or otherwise fastened to an IC or transistor,
good chance this is the part you are looking for.


Doug Tymofichuk wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> With all this talk about tempcos, I am wondering if I might
> encounter some when salvaging equipment. As I have never
> actually seen one, I wonder if there is any way to
> physically identify them. Do they have any unique markings
> or anything to show what they are? Or do they just look
> like any other resistor?
> Thanks in advance for any information!
> ----------------------
> Doug Tymofichuk
> dougt at

More information about the Synth-diy mailing list