volt control of osc triange tilt?

WeAreAs1 at aol.com WeAreAs1 at aol.com
Tue Nov 9 06:03:13 CET 1999

<<...well as it happens I've got a block schematic for the CEM3396.
I see a pulse width control input, and a waveshape control input,
but nothing to say the tilt of the triangle is variable..>>

I'm pretty sure that the waveshape CV lets you vary the wave continuously
from triangle to saw to pulse shape.  The pulse CV input effects the wave
only when the wavshape is set all the way over to pulse (it allows PWM).

However, I don't think the 3396's variable triangle allows you to tilt the
triangle in either direction (left or right, making an up or down-going
sawtooth).  I think it only goes one way - until the wave becomes an up-going
sawtooth in shape, which then starts squaring off into a pulse.  I could be
wrong about this, though.  I'm pretty sure the 3396 spec sheet gives
pictorial examples of the available waveshapes.

Michael Bacich