OT: Carvin Mixer question

J. Larry Hendry jlarryh at iquest.net
Mon Nov 8 16:03:55 CET 1999

> From: WeAreAs1 at aol.com
> Yeah, that's a real nice little board.  Actually,
> it's not really little -  it's pretty big.  If it's been
> in service since when it was being produced,
> the mid-to-late 1980's, it probably is in need
> of some TLC, but it will make.... snip....
>
> But you're getting it for free?  Why are you asking questions about it?
> Haven't you ever heard the expression, "don't look a gift horse in the
mouth"?

Well, I am expecting it to be in need of some TLC.  And, trust me, I am not
looking down at the mouth of any four legged animals.  <snicker>    Just
trolling for info....

> From: Fraser, Colin J <Colin.Fraser at scottishpower.plc.uk>
> Haven't you heard the story of the Wooden Horse of Troy ?
> I always check gift horses for hidden Greeks. ;-)

That's a scream...  I'll be sure to have a big can of Raid or something
when I open it for the first time.  :)

> From: WeAreAs1 at aol.com
> BTW, I'm pretty sure I have the schematics for that unit somewhere around

> here.  I don't think I have an owner's manual for it, but my friend with
the
> eight-track might.

Actually, I did find the owners manual in a PDF file at the Carvin site.
Somehow I overlooked it the first time around.  However, schematics or any
service information would be super to have.  If you or your friend have a
service manual you would like to sell, I would appreciate having it.  I
will check with Carvin and see it they sell it.  If it is no longer sold,
maybe I could get some copies from you or your friend if you don't want to
part with it.  Considering the price I am paying, I am expecting some
service needs.  :)

Thanks for the responses (and humor).  Since this is OT, I will take
anything else off list.  As usual, this list is a great place for info.

Larry Hendry