cv to midi???

Fraser, Colin J Colin.Fraser at scottishpower.plc.uk
Mon Nov 8 10:41:53 CET 1999

Standard midi outputs have a ground connection (the shield), an open
collector data output and a +5v output (the current loop).
The data and +5v outputs should have a current limiting resistor or a couple
of hundred ohms.
Assuming you don't draw too much current, you can use the +5v and ground
lines for a power supply.
I guess the Korgs must use too high a value of resistor in the +5v output.

It's easier to steal power form the midi line nowadays, as small
microcontrollers use tiny amounts of current.
It's so much nicer that having a wallwart.

Colin f