Theory for beginners

Antti Huovilainen ajhuovil at cc.hut.fi
Mon Nov 8 08:59:11 CET 1999

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, --M wrote:

>     One of the circuits I built was a voltage controlled oscillator built
> around a 555 timer. This was the simplest of circuits it used 2 pots 2
> resisters and a cap, very simple. I was wondering if anyone could point me to
> a schematic on the web that uses this chip as a VCO module. I think this
> would help me get an idea of how to incorporate these circuits into the
> larger synth picture.

Paia Fatman (www.paia.com/fatman.htm) uses 555s for it's two VCO's. The
circuit is not very easy to understand tho IMO.

>     Last of all I would like to ask what books would you all recomend for the
> beginning electronics student?

Horowitz & Hill: The Art Of Electronics

Antti

-  Scarlet crimson rosey red, I must be dead or stoned out of my head   -
-    Orange yellow tangerine, the acid queen in a psychedelic scene     -
- Ochre chestnut chocolate brown, I'm upside down on a cosmic eiderdown -
-              Ivory milky chalky white, the stars ignite               -
-              I vanish in the light that burns so bright               -
-                       - Arjen Anthony Lucassen                        -