Hi

patchell patchell at teletrac.com
Sat Nov 6 22:43:29 CET 1999

Christian Baumann wrote:

> Hello to all,
>

> I´d like to know how difficult it is to build a synthi and how much
> would it cost ??
> Are there some books about it which explain the parts of synthi like the
> VCO if possible in german ??
> How good is the sound of such a synthi, is it mono or stereo ??
>
> These are my questions for the first, thanks for your reply.
>
> Greetings
>
> Christian

    Building an analog synth is not inexpensive, and it is only of moderate
difficulty (it must be, I managed!).  Many of the critical components while
not imposible to get, you do have to scrounge for them sometimes.  It is
also better to think of this as a long term projects.  I realize these days
instant gratification is the norm, but it took me a couple of years to build
my first one.  And the one that I am building right now looks like it will
take at least that long.

    A good place to start looking is probably here:

http://www.xavax.com/efm/

    Also, I have some other links on my web site below.

    -Jim