Hi

Christian Baumann cbaumann at rz-online.de
Sat Nov 6 09:40:51 CET 1999

Hello to all,

I´m new here on the list and I´m very happy that I had found a
mailinglist about construction of synthi´s. Normally I want to buy a
synhti, but I haven´t found the right machine for me and also I have no
money for it, because I still have another expensive hobby.
At the moment I have a Generalmusic keyboard, but I use it with a
creative live value soundcard and using soundfonts because it sounds
very well. And there is a touch of synthi.

I´m 20 and I´m on a technical grammar school because of electronics. In
the last electronics lessons, we talked about oscillator-circuits using
RC or LC components.
Then we build one of this circuits in the lab and we get a nice sine. I
took a speaker  and we could hear a peep, which could be adjusted. That
was the point, where I wanted to build a synthi, because I love
developing something with electronics. For my other hobby , astronomy, I
build myself  a CCD-Camera for long integrated images of astronomical
objekts.Of course I had a book which told me how to do it.

I´d like to know how difficult it is to build a synthi and how much
would it cost ??
Are there some books about it which explain the parts of synthi like the
VCO if possible in german ??
How good is the sound of such a synthi, is it mono or stereo ??

These are my questions for the first, thanks for your reply.

Greetings

Christian