midi-cv endwork progress...

Thomas Hudson thudson at cygnus.com
Sat Nov 6 00:09:08 CET 1999

Grant Richter wrote:

> One thing I would like to see implemented is
> the MIDI equivalent of a Looper. A small sequencer
> with just record then play that would automatically
> loop the MIDI events between record and play.
> Like hitting infinite loop on a digital delay.
> The Synthi AKS sequencer works like this and
> is a very musical tool for space/trance/ambient.

There is a nice piece of free software that implements
this, along with lot's of other useful toys. It's called
KeyKit, and it is actually as complete programming language
w/ gui environment for manipulating midi events. It runs
on Linux, Windows, Mac, etc. See

http://209.233.20.72/keykit/

The GUI is sort of funky, but lots of little toys you
can spend hours on. I lost more than a few nights playing
with the transposing delay tool.

Thomas