audio patchbay for SPDIF ?

Haible Juergen Juergen.Haible at nbgm.siemens.de
Wed Nov 3 16:35:14 CET 1999

Hi,

does anybody have experience with routing digital SPDIF signals
over an ordinary audio patchbay ?
I find myself permanently exchanging the RCA plugs on the back
of my CDR, so I wonder if I could route it thu a patchbay with RCA
on back and 1/4" on the front, making the connections with short
patch cables.
I'm aware of the possible impedance mismatch problem, but
before I go into wild calculations, I thought I'd rather ask if someone
has done it in practice.

Any experience ?

Thanks,

JH.

(And thanks for the DAT recommendations. Ordered a Tascam DA20 Mk II
yesterday.)