Replacement JFET for ASM-1 VCO

Tony Clark clark at andrews.edu
Wed Nov 3 15:49:47 CET 1999

> :::	>And the bipolar works better than all of them... Why do people like
> :::FETs so
> :::	>much...
> :::
> :::Leakage currents ?
>
> So it is: if you want current, go bipolar!
>
> Leakage is not dependend on device type (bipolar, jfet), but on individual parameters. The jfet channel leakage can be considerable. At first sight the
> gate leakage of jfets looks good, but wait til Ta=50C. See LM11 data sheet.

   I don't know about any of you, but I do NOT plan to be messing with my
synthesizers when it is either 1) 122 degrees Farenheit ambient temp or
2) when my synth is _generating_ 122 degrees of heat!  ;)

   Tony, who's not into extreme synthesis as a sport.  ;) lol

I can't drive (my Moog) 55!         |     The E-Music DIY Archive