Replacement JFET for ASM-1 VCO

Harry Bissell harrybissell at prodigy.net
Wed Nov 3 03:35:31 CET 1999

I've been trying various Spice models of FETs... and some work much better than
others.
Oddly the 4391 is one of the best... I don't know what parameter or parameters
make the magic happen yet...
And the bipolar works better than all of them... Why do people like FETs so
much...
P.S... the VN1206 mosfet from Siliconix works well too (in simulation) if you use
the 12V drive level and 6V reset level like some Moogs do...

:^) Harry