interfaceing...

SYSph@ntOPus wils0450 at tc.umn.edu
Tue Nov 2 23:33:23 CET 1999

Say I have two membrane switches, one for up-value and another for
down-value that both control the same parameter; data entry. Is there a
knob-type product that I could use to replace this? I am thinking of my
friend's car stereo, you turn it to the left and it scans in descending
order, to the right and it goes in an ascending order. What's the name for
this kind of interface device, and where are they readily available?

     > >> SUBCREATURES! GOZER THE GOZERIAN, GOZER THE DESTRUCTOR, < <<
                 VOLGUUS ZILDROHAR, THE TRAVELLER HAS COME.