From cold war to flame war (was: Re: Time to chime re: tube synth

Martin Czech martin.czech at intermetall.de
Tue Nov 2 09:07:16 CET 1999

:::An artist friend of mine who was going through a Leonardo da Vinci phase asked
:::me if I ever considered building a musical machine made of wooden cogs, one that
:::could be driven by wind or water.  I thought he was insane for asking me that,
:::but now I think it's pretty funny.
:::
:::Hey,how about a steam driven modular?
:::

There are steam organs, and the bigger church organs had always "special effects",
like bells, animal voices, etc. There were even models for speech generation, strange
sounding, of course.

m.c.