Eprom Programer

Fraser, Colin J Colin.Fraser at scottishpower.plc.uk
Mon Nov 1 11:15:30 CET 1999

For development work, an eprom emulator is way more useful than a
programmer.

This is a static RAM that you fit into the circuit your writing the firmware
for, with a flylead that connects to a port on your PC, and lets you
download code to the RAM.
A typical 32k emulated eprom will take around 20 seconds to download.

Compare that to the minimum 20 or 30 minute write-test-swear-erase cycle.

Colin f