gifs on diy

Ben Stuyts ben at stuyts.nl
Thu Jan 7 23:47:58 CET 1999

On Thu, 07 Jan 1999, Beszedes Arpad wrote:

> Haible Juergen wrote:
>
> > for *everyone* who is subscribed, not only the ones particularly
> > interested in the pictures.
> >

> Well, this is not completely the truth, because one can disable in the
> mailing program downloading messages greater than some limit. Eg. in
> Netscape Messanger: Preferences/Disk space.

Not true either. Remember, all the mail has to be distributed over the
internet anyway to the various mail servers, so it takes up bandwidth and disk
space. Also, I get my mail over UUCP, so all mail is downloaded, whether I
want it or not.

> Say, 50kbytes would be okay?

We're talking about black & white GIF's of schematics, so 20 KB should be
more than enough. Above that, I'd prefer that people put it on a web/ftp site.

Best regards,
Ben