Gene's DIY OB-8/CS-80 Ribbon Controller

jh jhaible at primus-online.de
Sun Apr 11 02:08:48 CEST 1999

I am by no means a CS-80 expert. But I thought the clever S&H
circuit you described will just produce one single DC voltage that
is then used as reference voltage for all voices. (Further scaled down
for coarse and fine tuning, also globally for all VCOs)
That led me to the conclusion that the ribbon has a V/Hz and not
a V/Oct response. But I have to look at the schemos again ...

JH.