CA3046 Obsolete or Not?

Jim Patchell patchell at teletrac.com
Thu Apr 1 22:31:27 CEST 1999

    I was just on the Harris web site, checking availability of some of my
favorite ICs.  I also checked the CA3046, and according to the Harris website,
this is still an active part.  What gives.  I am positive that someone here
posted a message containing the information that Digikey no longer carries this
part because it is no longer made.  I suspect it is more likely that Digikey is
just discontinuing parts that they have a low turnover on.

    Other parts I checked while I was at it:

    CA3096AE->active
    CA3280AE->active

    -Jim