Usefulness of 'Slow Random' noise versus 'Boing' filter

Paul Schreiber synth1 at airmail.net
Mon Mar 16 19:31:53 CET 1998

Actually, this is the sort of stuff I get on MOTM Noise board prototype. The original Electronotes circuits talks about
"10 volts pk-pk at around 10Hz", but no way!

I use a 150K feedback with a 22K input resistor, and get about 40Hz average out at around 0.75V pk-pk. Which
makes sense.

I guess the question I have:  is it usefu??.

I was playing around with the 'Random Vibrato' filter. If I patch it up the the s&h clock, I can real nice 'boings' out
of it (the 'boing' time set by the Q pot). The original circuit was triggered by white noise, but unless the Q is very
high, not much happens. At high Q, the filter self-oscillates at a fixed 7Hz.

So, what if I scrap the "Slow Random" jack, and use it as an input to the boing filter. I can normalize it to the
internal S&H clock. Any sharp edged input <7Hz would boing it as well.

Paul Schreiber