wallwarts and regulation..

Jay Martin jmar at intface.com
Thu Mar 5 22:31:14 CET 1998

Better solution would be to use a 7805 with a diode forward biased in
the ground connection.  Should give you 12.7v with decent ripple
rejection (with the proper cap's off course)  I doubt that the .3v will
give you a problem.  If it ABSOLUTELY has to be 13v you could add a very
small trimpot to the ground or add 2 diodes forward biased..one silcon
(1N914) and a Germanium diode (germaniums have about a .3v forward bias
drop and silicon have about .7v).  Something like this:

IN -------7812------OUT

           1N914

Again the diode would be FORWARD biased,,not REVERSED.  We are not
trying to block voltage, just trying to cause a slight voltage drop.
And don't forget filtering.  If you want me to CAD up a sample
schematic..let me know and I'll whip something up.

Jay