Mixer circuits

Paul Perry pfperry at melbpc.org.au
Sat Jan 17 04:10:56 CET 1998

At 06:51 PM 16/01/98 -0000, you wrote:
>Does anyone have any schematics for really good mixer circuits?
.....I know this is against the spirit of synth-diy but it is a real
hard job to get a ultra low noise diy mixer...

but to make a synth that is so low noise as to justify it is almost
inconceivable (for me, anyway!)

> I've heard about some designs that use
>transistor arrays stacked on top of each other to parallel them up and
>lower the noise. Any clues anyone?

....the idea here is that as you add identical signals each with noise, the
noise (if truly random) only adds as the square root of the number of sources
and the signal adds arithmetically... with modern low noise SSM series from
AD i doubt very much if this strategy is worth while

paul perrymelbourne australia

a low noise DC mixer for CV, now that could be useful, say with 4 inputs and 4
outputs, also the 16 knobs very pretty....